Digital and New Business Account Executive
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is currently looking for Digital and New Business Account Executives. The Digital and New Business Account Executive reports to the East or Central Inside Sales VP. The Digital and New Business AE is responsible for driving new revenue by prospecting for new business and following our consultative sales process. This position has a digital-first focus and will use our full portfolio of products to generate results for their customers. They will also support existing advertiser needs and advocate for our self-service platform. In addition, this role is responsible for revenue growth in new initiatives as assigned.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is between $43,000 and $47,000 annually. Individual base pay may vary within that range depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, relevant education, department equity, training, geography, and local wage and hours laws.
Drive new digital revenue and new account growth. Prospect for new business, convert existing and lapsed customers and follow a consultative sales process to achieve monthly revenue targets.
- Support Digital advertising growth by working with advertisers actively placing ads and following up with lapsed customers or those engaging with print only products to educate them on digital marketing opportunities.
- Utilize appropriate tools, CRM and data to properly qualify prospects and efficiently convert prospects into clients.
- Thoroughly understand digital marketing tactics and reporting to demonstrate ROI and effectively manage expectations and KPIs.
- Support the growth of AdManager by looking for new revenue streams and building relationships with potential agency and media partners.
- Develop a strong understanding of our advertising standards and guidelines, process and workflow to provide excellent customer service.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understands products and services offered by the company.
- Solid knowledge of digital product, fulfillment needs and SLAs
- Ability to prioritize and sort work under pressure
- Understanding of how to use analytic reports to identify most pressing issues
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Proficient in AdPoint and google sheets
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and team player skills. Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships.
- Ability to work well, be professional and courteous with account executives, customers, client success team, fulfillment teams, outsource team and production teams
- Computer proficiency (Gmail, Google Sheets, Ad Point)
- Must be able to work remotely while contributing to a team environment
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work the business hours of the region applying to.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; preferably in advertising or marketing, or the equivalent education, experience, skills and knowledge needed to do the job.
- Two years related advertising experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to work independently and effectively.
- Understanding of advertising products, processes and systems to support account executives.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities to maximize efficiency.
- Keeps downtime to a minimum, proactively seeking out work needing to be done.
- Helpful & responsive to questions & requests.
We offer a base pay with a generous commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match. For more information on McClatchy's benefit plan, please visit McClatchyLivewell.com.