Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager - Remote - US
McClatchy is one of the largest local news publishers in the US, with over 65 million monthly readers in 30 markets. Our titles, which include the Miami Herald, The Sacramento Bee, Fort Worth Star-Telegram and more, have a proud history in local news reporting and award-winning journalism, with 54 Pulitzer Prizes.
We are currently seeking a digital marketing professional to help acquire new digital subscribers for our news websites across 30 domestic markets. This position can be based in any market that McClatchy does business in. The ideal candidate would have experience across a range of digital marketing channels including SEM, paid social, email marketing and onsite marketing techniques and solutions. Experience in customer acquisition, ecommerce and/or publishing environment is preferred.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Manager, would primarily be responsible for devising, briefing, deploying, monitoring and optimizing subscriber acquisition campaigns across digital marketing channels, including:
- Deploying outbound campaigns across email, SEM (Google Ads), paid social (Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, etc), display retargeting and content marketing networks (e.g. Taboola, Outbrain).
- Help manage the collective onsite customer acquisition tactics via the paywall, onsite marketing solutions and house advertising inventory.
- Develop marketing and creative angles, themes and messaging for the marketing slate/calendar.
- Compose creative briefs for the development of marketing materials for sales channels.
- Monitor and report on performance of digital marketing campaigns, using data from ad platforms for reporting views, often presented in spreadsheets and decks, pulling in campaign data from advertising, analytics and customer data platforms to analyze, interpret and present campaign/acquisition learnings.
- Experience optimizing campaigns via A/B and multivariate testing of creative, landing pages, media buying and audience targeting.
- Managing vendors who support various marketing/acquisition channels.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- 2-4 years in a digital marketing / ecommerce role, with experience in paid customer acquisition with Facebook/Instagram, Google Ads and display retargeting via DSP/exchanges.
- Must be highly proficient in presentation decks (Powerpoint, Google Slides), website analytics (Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics) and spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Docs).
- Must possess a strong understanding of digital and social media advertising, including more sophisticated aspects of ad creative options, targeting, audience creation using the ad platform pixels, etc.
- Must also possess a strong understanding of digital marketing technology aspects and conventions, such as ad serving, audience management tools, inventory management, third-party ad tags and creative tracking.