McClatchy Executive Assistant to Top Executive
The McClatchy Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Publisher to include extensive customer contact, drafting and typing of correspondence, coordinating the publisher’s calendar, and handling an assortment of administrative tasks requiring judgment, confidentiality and initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for managing the day-today functions of the Publisher’s office. Receives, screens and refers telephone calls and personal visitors. Answers routine and non-routine inquires and helps to resolve complaints from readers and advertisers. Operates as the company liaison between the community and the Publisher’s office.
- Prepares internal and external correspondence as directed by the Publisher, including letters, memos, presentation, and reports.
- Maintains a proper system of internal controls for privacy as it relates to confidential matters.
- Maintains Publisher’s Calendar.
- Manages various projects to include planning and scheduling of both in-house and off-site meetings and events.
- Arranges travel for publisher and possibly other executives.
- Arranges temporary moving accommodations when needed.
- Prepares monthly payment lists, pro-card payments and maintain standing PO’s for various expenses.
- Receives, screens and routes mail accordingly.
- Provide assistance and/or training to other administrative assistants.
- Prepare agendas for weekly operating committee meetings.
- Meeting set up and coordination for employees, vendors and corporate guests.
- Event planning for both corporate and employee events.
- Space planning for main Star-Telegram location and satellite offices.
- Review Kronos each pay period for accuracy and provide general support for employee questions.
- Perform other general support and duties as assigned.
- Management of various corporate tickets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are represent
- Confidentiality is an essential requirement in this position
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experience with PowerPoint and PeopleSoft is a plus
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and follow through skills
- Ability to interact on all levels with employees, corporate officers and the public in a courteous and professional manner
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Candidate should have at least three years’ experience; bachelor’s degree preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic skills required.
REASONING ABILITY Candidate should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical demands are average for administration.
SKILLS NEEDED: Ability to juggle multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency; ability to work well with all levels of staff. An excellent attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential matters. This position requires dependability, good judgement, lots of energy and flexibility and being a great team player with a willingness to help everyone. Initiative to take on duties and learn the best ways to complete the required tasks. Strong people skills.