Strategic Account Manager
Excelerate Digital is a division of The McClatchy Company, a leading media organization with a common goal of connecting top-tier advertisers and agencies with high quality audiences across multi-platform campaigns to drive a strong KPI-driven return. We are currently looking for Strategic Account Managers to help with our new business development & market expansion.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Hiring in either of these great cities:
Minneapolis, MN, San Antonio, TX, Austin, TX
Learn a little bit about us: McClatchy
McClatchy is looking for a dynamic sales executive who thrives on building relationships and growing revenue through strategic media and marketing packages. This growth position is part of a market expansion so it will be crucial to have a hunter mentality but also be able to lay the groundwork for a successful business expansion. We are looking for someone who has significant experience identifying and building effective digital strategies across multiple advertising categories. Your approach with advertisers and agencies will be to connect them with high quality audiences across multi-platform campaigns to drive a strong KPI-driven return.
This Account Executive will utilize the breadth of digital and traditional services from our Excelerate Agency, 40MM unique visitors across our owned & operated websites and brilliance in branded content from our Creative Lab to achieve client objectives. You should be well versed in data and knowing how to use targeting and tactics to achieve various performance indicators for clients.
You know how to identify strong leads as well as build and maintain ongoing agency and advertiser relationships. Our ideal candidate should have existing relationships that can quickly build a pipeline of targets.
The Strategic Account Executive is an important role in driving new digital revenue with large regional companies and strategic business verticals. This individual is responsible for developing and executing initiatives for client acquisition and revenue generating activity across our fast growing digital business. This position assists in the development and execution of all digital advertising strategies, along with new market development to grow revenue and market share. Primary responsibilities include direct sales, client development and engagement, product knowledge and modeling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Identify quality Tier 1 / Tier 2 prospects, reach out to potential clients, and work through sales cycle to close new business accounts
● Understand, assess, and develop plans for areas for growth (cross-sell/up-sell/new customers) within identified opportunity categories and assigned geography and share insights with local sales team
● Collaborate with internal strategy team to create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs through a CIA
● Communicate the ROI of the solution and educate the client on the solution,as needed
● Target and build strong relationships with agencies and advertisers to ensure long-term success
● Work with internal teams to meet and exceed client performance expectations and identify additional revenue opportunities
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment
● Travel to meet with prospects and clients as needed
● Digital mindset with strong understanding of digital marketing ecosystem
● Strong communication skills with the ability to understand each client and their unique business needs, interpret client needs, and communicate
recommended strategy to help business achieve objectives
● Highly organized – process and detail oriented
● Results oriented with the ability to work independently while contributing to the goals of the team.
● Strong sales mentality and experience with complex negotiations
● Critical thinking
● Work effectively within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
● Category and local market/competitive landscape knowledge and connections
● Act as key client advocate and liaison
● Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Experience: 3-4 years prior digital media account management experience required; digital agency experience preferred.
● Ability to travel (up to 50%).