Senior Account Executive
McClatchy Media Company (News & Observer) is the place to work if you are looking for a leading-edge work environment where you can grow and develop your professional sales and marketing skills. We are looking for a talented individual to join our sales team.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, innovative and experienced Account Executive with a proven track record of success in developing new business while managing, selling, and executing strategic objectives to exceed revenue goals. Looking for someone who possesses a strong marketing and business development background utilizing a consultative sales approach.
The Account Executive successfully leads digitally focused sales efforts. Prospect for New Business utilizing Sales Process. Conduct deep-dive Client Impact Assessments, while utilizing pre-call research. Develop Results-Based Solutions and present and close proposals. Work with client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met. Upsell existing customers based on need. Utilize a CRM as a Predictive and Collaborative account management tool.
Desired Strengths and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial and motivated self-starter
- Strong Digital Acumen (Google AdWords, Analytics certifications Preferred but Not Required)
- Ability to grow business & find new revenue opportunities
- Ability to create productive, long-term customer relationships. Identify and connect with top-level decision-makers at large local brands
- Ability to work independently to acquire new business while working remotely
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Competitive nature and a winning team spirit
- Problem Solver with a willingness to continuously learn, try new things and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate actively and constructively in a team environment
- Manage a specified sales pipeline utilizing CRM and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success
- Combination of knowledge and experience equivalent to a B.A. or B.S. Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Sales or related field
- Digital sales experience including SEO/SEM, OTT, Digital Audio, Targeted Email, Social and other offerings preferred.
- Experience using CRM such as Hubspot (Daily use required)
- Clean DMV
- Must have reliable transportation. Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance required (at least minimum insurance required for the state in which the employee works).
What we offer:
- Base + commission with uncapped earning potential
- Opportunities for advancement
- Fast-paced, fun work environment with passionate, high-performance team culture.
Our impact is growing every day. 30 growing markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth—a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.
McClatchy strives to be an employer of choice, and our benefits package is made with this goal in mind. With a focus on well-being and daily life, our package options include healthcare coverage for employees and their families, financial protection from expected and unexpected expenses, multiple no-cost wellness resources and even coverage for four-legged friends.
Our overall benefits package also includes a 401(k) with employer match, competitive paid time off and corporate holidays, and a variety of mental health benefits. For more information on McClatchy's benefit plan, please visit McClatchyLivewell.com.