On Demand Field Collections Representative
Have you been successful in collection efforts?
Would you thrive in an opportunity working in the field, the majority of your time (85-90%) and in the office the remainder of your schedule?
Are you professional in your interactions and have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills?
Are you a self-starter and self-managed individual?
If YES, read on . . .
McClatchy has an immediate opening for a full-time On Demand Field Collection Representative, for our Miami Herald. This position will work remote and must be located within the greater Miami area.
Learn a little about us: http://bit.ly/Working_At_McClatchy
As the On Demand Field Collections Representative, you will focus on in-field, face-to-face B2B collection calls for past due accounts in all stages of delinquency. We are seeking individuals who are self-motivated with great interpersonal skills, excellent customer service skills, high attention to detail and a high degree of professionalism.
Note: This is a 40 hour per week position, paying between $15.00 - $18.00/hour, based on experience and will have a flexible schedule with daylight hours, Monday through Friday.
- Responsible for all aspects of On-Demand collections for the Miami Herald. This includes in person collections from retailers and other businesses, over the phone collections, and communication in person, by phone, email, fax or other methods as needed
- Travel within the greater Miami area (85-90% of your schedule) to collect on past due B2B accounts
- Manage aged balance for all McClatchy markets, working with logistics / operations and on demand team members to execute on strategy for improved financial performance which must align with hitting sales and revenue targets for each market.
- Work collaboratively with team members, employees, collection vendors and billing vendors
- Execute on strategy and collection plans that align with sales and revenue targets
- Analyze weekly and period single copy sales volumes utilizing the information to make needed adjustments and to develop strategic plans for the future.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of collections experience – preferably in-field or on-demand
- High Attention to Detail
- Must be self-managed and a self-starter
- Comfortable interacting with business customers face-to-face to collect payments, resolve issues, etc.
- Transportation, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. You will be required to use your personal vehicle to travel to business customer sites and will be reimbursed for mileage used for work related travel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, primarily Monday through Friday, daylight hours
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and comfortable learning new computer software and systems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be professional in your interactions and work cohesively with all personality types
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, written and verbal communication, is Highly Desirable