Client Success Strategist
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, helps regional and local clients grow by leveraging the latest technologies and techniques to smartly engage the right audiences.
The Client Success Strategist (CSS) is client-facing and serves as a client advocate and proactive, strategic resource for the Account Executive throughout the sales process. The CSS is an integral part of our sales team, leading in the creation or collaboration of digital strategy, customer onboarding, reporting, and long-term customer retention and growth. Success in this position is measured by the ability to fulfill customers’ needs by effectively communicating with all parties for successful retention and growth of accounts. The right candidate for these positions is a digital marketing guru and thrives on creating customer relationships that ultimately lead to renewal.
A successful candidate will have a solid technical affinity, strong communication, and organizational skills, and be comfortable speaking with Account Executives, Customers, and Sales Support colleagues. This position is best suited for someone who is organized and capable of working efficiently on their own and within a team.
A CSS plays three main roles:
- Product Expert: Knows the digital media landscape inside and out and can share best practices and strategies with customers to retain and grow the business and meet their KPIs.
- Trusted Partner: Able to build authentic, lasting relationships with customers with a mutual concern for their success.
- Customer Advocate: A strong voice for customer experience and feedback to internal teams to help keep a customer-focused culture as we grow.
- Lead the post-sale onboarding and account management (along with the Account Executive)
- Collaborate with team members to launch a campaign on time
- Understand customer's KPIs and optimize the campaign accordingly
- Be a leader in creating campaign strategy and collaborating with the sales teams.
- Determine tracking strategies needed to tell a campaign’s true story and be able to use data-story telling to a client.
- Review campaign results and makes positive changes when needed
- Prepare monthly campaign reports and present with the Account Executive to the customer
- Stay ahead of trends and digital marketing capabilities and be a digital marketing leader
- Promote client advocacy at every step in the process
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to have productive customer interactions in person, on the phone, via video conference or via email
- Experience with a variety of digital marketing tactics including social, SEO, SEM, display AND/OR programmatic
- A proven track record in digital campaign sales, strategy or performance management
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, problem-solving, creativity and strategic skills
- Understanding of campaigns using Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of campaign tracking strategy including placement of pixels and other measurement software
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certifications, or the ability to gain certification
- Experience with Google Workspace (Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
APPLY NOW and we will be in touch for upcoming opportunities with our Client Success team.
Our impact is growing every day. 30 growing markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger. As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth—a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.