Salary: $50-55K DOQ + Quarterly Incentive
As our Retail Coordinator you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of operation - managing distribution agreements, billing and collections, maximizing sales opportunities - with the sum total resulting in making revenue targets. This includes but is not limited to each newspaper’s retail sales locations, newsrack locations, business traveler, retail & business, hawking, retail partnership programs, digital single copy, commemorative sections / special days, and additional revenue product sales.
- Be responsible for merchandising retail accounts, building relationships with retailers, ensuring proper marketing materials and point-of-sale materials are in market, and coordinating field marketing efforts.
- Develop and maintain personal interaction with retail owners, managers, and clerks to ensure high quality customer service within assigned territory.
- Resolve customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Execute successful co-promotions with retail outlets to increase sales and number of permanent high traffic locations.
- Collect and turn in money from retail or other locations as needed.
- Manage distribution agreements or perform other items related to single copy logistics. This includes negotiating contracts, rates and audits.
- Monitors and adjusts draws to maximize sales, keeping sell outs, returns and scan loses at optimum levels.
- Maintains rate accuracy for all accounts. This includes billing and system accuracy. Regularly conducts audits.
- Solicit and secure new sales outlets and rack locations within assigned territory.
- Gather market information that will contribute to sales growth and customer service.
- Complete weekly territory route with pictures and submit results.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on racks or replace with new one, and report deficiencies as needed.
- Adhere to all company and departmental safety policies and procedures and ensure a safe work environment.
- Coordinates printing, distribution and execution on retail marketing materials.
- Responsible for supporting, communicating and adhering to the newspaper’s mission, vision and core values.
- Responsible for knowing, communicating and delivering on the key performance indicator targets for each newspaper.
- Minimum 2 year college degree preferred
- 2+ years field marketing experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds (marketing materials, newspaper bundles, possible newsracks on dollies) and move carts as needed.
- Ability to calculate collections totals, count money, and provide basic accounts receivables information
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Valid driver’s license