Circulation Operations Manager - Home Delivery / Single Copy
McClatchy is hiring an accomplished Circulation Operations Manager - Home Delivery / Single Copy for our Miami Herald location, responsible for the distribution of the newspaper’s entire product portfolio, including but not limited to
- Each newspaper’s home delivery
- Single Copy
- 3rd party print circulation
- Any TMC and targeted non-paid print products
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Click here to learn a little about us: McClatchy
The Circulation Operations Manager - Home Delivery / Single Copy is also responsible for identifying, developing and delivering on various financial and audience goals including but not limited to audience growth, retention, expense, revenue and operating cash flow; anticipating declines and/or shortfalls in delivering on goals; and developing and executing plans to address declines and/or shortfalls for the assigned newspaper.
- Know, communicate and deliver on the core strategies, audience targets, audience revenue targets and audience division cash flow targets. Identify alternatives for delivering on strategies and targets when shortfalls are anticipated.
- Implement an effective distribution process that ensures world-class delivery to all homes and businesses within the newspaper’s designated market.
- Manage contract performance and negotiates contracts and rates. Maintains billing accuracy around rates.
- Analyze route profitability, route design, route consolidation, and logistics to ensure routes compensation is fair and that subscriber deliveries are timely.
- Establish work schedules to accomplish delivery goals.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Serve in a senior leadership role with responsibility for the audience development team at the assigned newspaper
- Prior work history that demonstrates strong, successful leadership ability and a solid understanding of complexities of newspaper circulation, audience development, sales, distribution, and marketing.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Bachelor's degree AND 2-4 years related experience including at least 5 years of management-level experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.