McClatchy is seeking a driven sales person to join our forward thinking B2B Advertising Sales Team! The ideal candidate for this outside sales position is local to the communities that The Telegraph serves.
The Telegraph, owned by The McClatchy Company LLC, is located in the Macon-Warner Robins area - a regional market located in Middle Georgia on I-75, a little more than an hour’s drive from Atlanta. The area has a healthy retail environment with a balance of government, industrial, and white-collar employment. Robins Air Force Base is a major area employer with some 17,000 military and civilian employees. The Telegraph is also the publisher of The Sun News, a weekly newspaper distributed throughout Houston (Warner Robins) and Peach counties.
Click here to learn a little about us: http://bit.ly/This_Is_McClatchy
- Drive multi-media sales revenue from local accounts, following a defined sales process.
- Strive to understand a customer's needs and craft customized solutions for them, often with a focus on digital marketing.
- Understand our unique set of solutions and can drive results for their customers, resulting in successful marketing campaigns.
- Retain and grow current account base
- Prospect and acquire new customers utilizing the Core 4+ Sales Process
- Conduct meetings with prospective customers, completing a thorough needs analysis
- Develop customized proposals based on a customers' needs
- Present and close proposals
- Work with our client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Regularly meet and exceed meeting thresholds set by leaders
- Utilize AdPoint as an organizational tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales (specifically media sales, preferred, but not required).
- The ideal candidate will have proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a geographic territory.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance required - at least the minimum insurance required for state this position works in.
Generous base salary, uncapped commission and full benefits.