General Ledger Analyst
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Who are we? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d692Kd1QtNy1Z9GtqtQrOyCiqMvZs6Oq/view
McClatchy is hiring a General Ledger Analyst for the general ledger accounting and finance planning and analysis. This position also contributes to the execution of general ledger processes and analysis for the 14 markets in our East Region. The general ledger analyst will work in a remote reporting environment requiring use of telephone, e-mail and google hangout on a regular basis to communicate with team members and supervisors. The individual must be able to work effectively in a deadline driven environment and potentially work nontraditional hours.
- Doral, FL
- Raleigh, NC
- Columbia, SC
- Coordinate entry process for journal entries.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting.
- Perform or assist with bank account activities, including foreign exchange
- Perform variance analysis at month-end including explanations.
- Assist in preparing information for internal and external audit.
- Produce Balance Sheet reconciliations for review by regional and central finance management.
- Be a liaison between finance and other operating divisions.
- Calculate finance related statistics for local, regional and corporate management.
- Process prepayments for appropriate recognition.
- Identify areas of profit and process improvement within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain and follow key internal control procedures.
- Coordinate activities performed by Infosys. Assist with inquiries and provide direction.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing (QSA)
- Assist Regional CFO and/or corporate controller with financial matters.
- Other assignments and duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree AND 3+ years related experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Financial Analyst and/or Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Intermediate PC (Microsoft Word and Excel and Google) skills
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge and skills related to the publishing business
- Must have good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft application
- Customer Service experience
- Experience with foreign currency and banking
- Experience with Fixed Asset accounting