Projects and Events Manager
The McClatchy Projects and Events Manager provides administrative and project management support to the Publisher to include extensive customer contact, drafting of correspondence, assisting the Publisher with varied internal and external responsibilities, and handling an assortment of other tasks requiring judgment, confidentiality and initiative. This position will lead A-Z project management of new initiatives, opportunities, and Community engagement requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversite for the flow of day-to-day functions of the Publisher’s office. Operates as the company liaison between the community and the Publisher’s office. This would include internal administrative responsibilities associated with that role. Serves as key project manager of key initiatives designated by Publisher. Answers routine and non-routine inquires and helps to resolve complaints from readers and advertisers.
- Prepares internal and external correspondence as directed by the Publisher, including letters, memos, presentation, and reports.
- Maintains a proper system of internal controls for privacy as it relates to confidential matters.
- Maintains Publisher’s Calendar.
- Manages various projects (i.e. Product development, planning and scheduling both in-house and off-site meetings and events, etc.).
- Coordinates travel for publisher and possibly other executives.
- Prepares monthly payment lists, pro-card payments and maintain standing PO’s for various expenses.
- Provides assistance and/or training to other administrative support areas of the business.
- Coordination of meetings for employees, vendors and corporate guests.
- Event planning for both corporate and employee events.
- Space planning for main Star-Telegram location and satellite offices.
- Perform other general duties as requested by the Publisher
- Management of various trade, sponsorship or corporate related tickets and events.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are represent
- Formal project management training and experience preferred. Community relations experience a plus.
- Confidentiality is an essential requirement in this position
- Self-starter and self-directed
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Excel and Word; experience with PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, and Jobvite is a plus
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and follow through skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner at all levels of the organization, and with our external readers, customers and clients.
- Proven track-record of managing multiple projects at once
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Candidate should have at least three years’ experience; bachelor’s degree preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic skills required.
REASONING ABILITY Candidate should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical demands are average for administration.SKILLS NEEDED: Ability to juggle multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency; ability to work well with all levels of staff. An excellent attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential matters. This position requires dependability, good judgement, lots of energy and flexibility and being a great team player with a willingness to help everyone. Initiative to take on duties and learn the best ways to complete the required tasks. Strong people skills. Project management.