Procurement - Strategic Sourcing Professional
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is hiring a Procurement - Strategic Sourcing Professional for our Shared Services Center (SSC). The SSC was formed to centralize and standardize routine financial processes, transactions and activities. This provides consistency and efficiency of processing for all McClatchy operations, as well as improving compliance with certain federal and state reporting requirements. Equally important to its mission is leveraging McClatchy’s consolidated buying power to negotiate optimal quality and value in sourcing contracts for goods and services. The SSC offices are located in Doral, Florida.
As the Sourcing Team Member for Procurement, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the newsprint process including: Abinet ordering/payment system, monthly closing/snapshot and pricing projections, waste reporting;
- Create, publish and analyze requests for proposals and recommend source of supply;
- Solicit input and buy-in from internal newspaper customers;
- Negotiate and prepare contracts;
- Manage supplier relationships, monitor performance and remedy as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field WITH 1+ years’ experience in sourcing or supply chain management OR 3-5 years’ experience in sourcing or supply chain management;
- Experience with sourcing suppliers, working with contracts, spend analysis, RFPs, negotiations and managing vendor relationships;
- Project Management;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective negotiation and customer service skills;
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment.
We’d love for you to get to know who we are, our history, our culture-what matters most to us! McClatchy.com
Get to know us a little: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d692Kd1QtNy1Z9GtqtQrOyCiqMvZs6Oq/view
McClatchy is a 21st century digital media, news, and information leader, publisher of iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News and Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram. McClatchy operates media companies in 29 U.S. markets in 14 states, providing each of its communities with high-quality news and advertising services in a wide array of digital and print formats. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, CA, and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
McClatchy is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.