New Business Account Executive
McClatchy, a national leader in Multimedia, helps clients grow by creating sophisticated, measurable ways for local businesses and national advertisers to connect with desirable audiences in local markets and across the country. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
McClatchy is seeking a driven Multimedia Sales Professional to join our forward-thinking Advertising Sales Team! The ideal candidates for this outside sales position is local to the Triangle area.
The News & Observer, owned by The McClatchy Company, is widely regarded as one of the nation's best regional newspapers and places a strong emphasis on investigative reporting and watchdog journalism. With deep roots in the Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill areas, also known as the Triangle, the team that produces The News & Observer also staffs The Durham Herald-Sun and The N.C. Insider — a daily state government email newsletter product.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
The Account Executive:
- Drives multi-media sales revenue from local accounts, following the Core 4+ Sales Process; understanding their needs (both current and desired)
- Crafts customized solutions to meet customer needs.
- Understands our solutions and have the ability to effectively show they drive results for our customers.
- Prospect and acquire New Business utilizing the Core 4+ Sales Process
- Conduct deep-dive Client Impact Assessments
- Develop Results-Based Solutions
- Present and close proposals
- Work with client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Meet KPIs established by leadership
- Utilize AdPoint as a Predictive and Collaborative tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Position requires at least 1-3 years experience in sales, preferably in media sales.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a geographic territory.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance required - at least the minimum insurance required for North Carolina.
The full-time position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.