Account Executive - Political
McClatchy is a leading media organization with a powerful print and online audience and fueled by excelerate a national digital agency. We connect top-tier advertisers and agencies with high quality audiences across multi-platform campaigns. The McClatchy Political team has developed strategies that specialize in offering both targeted and effective digital strategies to politically focused clients PACs, corporations, and advocacy groups. We are currently looking to hire full-time Account Executives to focus exclusively on political business.
Our political Account Executives are responsible for driving revenue for by prospecting and on-boarding new clients within the political, government and advocacy vertical. The Account Executive focuses on identifying strong leads and building and maintaining ongoing agency and advertiser relationships. Each Account Executive uses strategy to prepare media plans for prospective clients and strong sales skills to close deals. Successful candidates should be excellent communicators who are persistent and financially motivated.
Ideally located in New York, Los Angeles or Washington DC.
- Digital Mindset
- Public Speaking
- Process Oriented
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Category knowledge
- Identify quality political, government and advocacy prospects, reach out to potential clients, and work through sales cycles to close new business accounts
- Build strong relationships with advertising agencies and advertisers within these categories to ensure long-term success of both new and existing campaigns
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with deadline driven mentality
- Stay up to date with industry trends to share expertise and advise clients on new campaign ideas
- Work with Account Management, Media Buying, Research and Graphic Design teams to meet and exceed client performance expectations
- Travel to meet with prospects and clients as needed
- Experience with political advertising and digital campaigns preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree - Journalism or Business preferred
- Sales mentality and strong negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work independently while contributing to the goals of the team
- Willingness to occasionally travel to build agency and advertiser relationships
Excellent base, uncapped commission and benefits available
McClatchy is an equal opportunity employer