Omnichannel Marketing Specialist - Remote
McClatchy is adding an Omnichannel Marketing Specialist to our Centralized Marketing Team. We are a team of people motivated by the purpose and vital role of strong, independent local journalism in the 30 communities McClatchy serves. CMT is a talented and thoughtful team that sits at the intersection of marketing, communications strategy, and brand. We are dedicated to creating simple solutions for complex problems.
This role will focus on the execution of strategy and operations of all consumer-facing outbound messaging. The ideal candidate will become an expert at our outbound systems for all marketing channels, navigating our automation tools, and reporting on outbound analytics. The successful candidate believes in collecting and analyzing data to aid leadership in evidence-based decision-making. You will be responsible for analyzing our data flow, segmenting it, and determining the best methods of reporting data to maximize the effectiveness of our overall strategy. The key to this will be orchestrating end-to-end communication throughout our customer journey flow.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is between $55,000 and $75,000 annually. Individual base pay may vary within that range depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, relevant education, department equity, training, geography, and local wage and hours laws.
- Become an expert in our messaging platforms and automation tools
- Implement comprehensive marketing that delivers the needed volume to support each market’s core print and digital products
- Define business requirements for marketing automation campaigns
- Build automated, multi-touch nurture programs for several audiences across the customer lifecycle
- Collaborate with news and technology teams to define requirements for behavioral campaigns
- Work with audience segmentation and review our communications calendar to ensure audiences are not messaged above the limits set by the Centralized Marketing Team
- Maintain the performance and health of marketing channels with regard to audience segmentation, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Day-to-day execution of McClatchy marketing campaigns, including; setting up email, social and print campaigns, coding emails, creating/segmenting lists, scheduling, setting up a/b tests, QA, and reporting
- Monitor industry best practices. Integrate best practices to ensure optimal email results, improved deliverability, and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, and spam regulation (CAN/SPAM)
- Work to design other ways to reach consumers outside of email including social media, on and off-site messaging, etc.
- Work with the acquisition, retention, and engagement teams on their goals and consumer journey flow to achieve success across the department
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of event-based data model and how it relates to marketing automation
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience building, growing, and optimizing lifecycle emails in a fast-paced environment
- Sufficient knowledge of HTML and CSS to be conversant with development teams.
- Excellent project management skills along with excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking to projects and the organization's opportunities, and able to work with various teams: creative, IT, analytics, etc.
- Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Proficient with G-Suite. Tableau a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 1-3 years in a similar CRM / marketing role, including experience with lifecycle email
- Deep knowledge of major marketing channels including social (Facebook, Instagram) and messaging platforms: Cheetah & Adobe Campaign (preferred), Oracle Responsys, Salesforce ExactTarget, etc.
What we’ll bring: As a journalist at McClatchy, you will join a supportive, flexible, collaborative team. McClatchy strives to be an employer of choice, and our benefits package is made with this goal in mind. With a focus on health, well-being, wealth and daily life, our package options include healthcare coverage for employees and their families, financial protection from expected and unexpected expenses, multiple no-cost wellness resources and even coverage for four-legged friends.
Our overall benefits package also includes a 401(k) with employer match, competitive paid time off and corporate holidays, and a variety of mental health benefits. With an excellent support team and with focus on your well-being as a top corporate strategy, McClatchy provides benefits to support you and your family in achieving your health and wellness goals. For more information on McClatchy's benefit plan, please visit McClatchyLivewell.com.
Our impact is growing every day. 30 growing markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth—a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.