Advertising Sales - Media Sales - LH
McClatchy is looking for a results-driven sales professional to join our dynamic Advertising Sales team! The ideal candidate for this outside sales position is local to the communities that The Lexington Herald serves.
The Lexington Herald-Leader, is a media company owned by The McClatchy company, LLC., is committed to being Central and Eastern Kentucky's primary source of news, advertising, information, and commentary. Lexington is a mid-sized college town with a well-educated population. As it grows, it continues to maintain its charm. Lexington's diverse economy is dispersed among the service industry, government, retail trade, manufacturing, and construction. It remains the regional health care, education and shopping hub for Central and Eastern Kentucky.
Our Advertising Sales - Marketing Consultants drive multi-media sales revenue from local accounts, following a defined sales process. Successful Marketing Consultants strive to understand a customer's needs and craft customized solutions for them, often with a focus on digital marketing. Marketing Consultants understand our unique set of solutions and can drive results for their customers, resulting in successful marketing campaigns.
- Retain and grow current account base
- Prospect and acquire new customers utilizing the Core 4+ Sales Process
- Conduct meetings with prospective customers, completing a thorough needs analysis
- Develop customized proposals based on a customer's needs
- Present and close proposals
- Work with our client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Regularly meet and exceed meeting thresholds set by leaders
- Utilize Salesforce as an organizational tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales (specifically media sales, preferred, but not required).
- The ideal candidate will have proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a geographic territory.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Generous base salary, uncapped commission and full benefits.