Marketing Analytics Manager
McClatchy is looking for a talented individual to join our Digital Audience Development Team as our Marketing Analytics Manager. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the communities across the country, read on!
In this role your main responsibility will be ensuring we measure, optimize and evangelize the performance of all our digital growth initiatives. We're a small scrappy team so you'll wear many hats and will be exposed to many areas of the business and play a key role in helping us shape our experiments, campaigns and showcase the results we drive.
You will be responsible for measuring and optimizing our campaign performance by reviewing data, developing new analytics, looking for insights and delivering recommendations that will help ensure campaigns are continuously successful. The Marketing Analytics Manager will be a part of the senior-most marketing discussions within the organization, will have exposure to executive management and influence our marketing efforts.
Location: This position will sit at one of our media companies in Sacramento CA, Raleigh NC or Fort Worth TX.
- Review and analyze all marketing efforts including performance by individual ads, social media, email and other campaigns to identify successful elements and work to continuously improve campaign performance and conversions
- Assist in the development and management of dashboards and analytics that communicate status and evaluate effectiveness of all ads, promotions, offers and campaigns
- Develop and ensure a clean, clear analytics strategy and provide best practices and instrumentation requirements for all acquisition / retention campaigns
- Develop actionable insights and help inform strategic direction of all marketing efforts based on data and trends we’ve seen in our campaigns
- Identify customer trends and recommend data-driven responses to help guide strategy and decision making within the Audience Development group
- Assist in the creation of pre-campaign models to help set expectations for campaign performance, track in real time and package up key learnings to inform future campaigns
- Assist in the creation of compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives & support groups clearly and concisely
- Support other Audience Teams and partner groups with reporting, analytical insights and make strategic recommendations related to performance and marketing support for each market, ad, and campaign
- Manage, track and analyze all marketing related test campaigns and initiatives
- Assist in the design and execution of key tests which will drive the development of insights
- Build, develop and grow relationships with Corporate Business Intelligence, Product Managers and other key groups across the organization is vital to the success of our projects
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's Degree AND 5 years experience in marketing analytics and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Deep knowledge and familiarity of campaign modeling and reporting / visualization platforms (ex: Adobe Analytics / Omniture / Tableau)
- You possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills, while also having strong business intuition
- You're able to identify opportunities for business improvement and take initiative to drive the necessary changes
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and have a positive can-do attitude in approaching complex problems
- You take ownership and have a high level of accountability
- You have a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly-fluid environment
- You have outstanding oral and written communication
- You have exceptional presentation skills and are able to adapt your style to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership