Analyst, Business Intelligence
The Analyst, Business Intelligence role will be responsible for developing key insights and analyses covering a variety of areas that focus on growing the subscription and consumer businesses. The analyst will develop end-to-end analytics products that provide clear tracking and insights and facilitate strategic decisions. This role will work with many different internal clients of all levels.
- 30% - Proactively and independently use data and business knowledge to find new ways to answer key business questions and understand how to drive revenue and improve customer experiences across our print, web, and mobile products. Develop advanced analytical strategies to solve business problems and deliver them with minimal guidance. This involves understanding the business problem, identifying relevant data, gathering and summarizing data meaningfully and applying appropriate statistical analysis to identify causal relationships and predict future outcomes. Deliverables must be high-quality with strong attention to detail.
- 15% - Act as a consultant with business stakeholders to help them develop an understanding of metrics and analysis that will offer the insights they need, as well as offer thought leadership about the direction of our businesses. We seek to maintain tight alignment between analytics and business issues as well as communicate insights and analytical results.
- 40% - Develop and maintain meaningful reporting, dashboards and data processes to help drive strategic execution and identify opportunities.
- 15% Collaborate with other analysts to document, develop and create shared analytics resources.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong experience using SQL to query large, disparate sources of data.
- Ability to visualize data using Tableau, PowerBI, Sigma, or related visualization platforms.
- Python experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud-based data environments such as AWS or GCP.
- Innovative and curious
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and team player skills. Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information in understandable ways.
- Consistently engage in learning and self-development.
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships with a diverse array of people.
- Must be able to work remotely while contributing to a team environment
- Goal-oriented. Acts with urgency. Strives for successful outcomes in serving customers/readers/advertisers. Tackles problems and unlocks opportunities through the generation and support of new ideas and solutions.
- Engaged listening; creates a commitment to action by presenting ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Works harmoniously with colleagues. Shares critical information works effectively across functional lines, recognizes others for their contributions. Handles self professionally.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action. Innovates creates and looks for solutions that will benefit the business.
- Performs work in a timely manner with consistent attention to quality. Follows through and meets all commitments. Manages time and resources effectively (including attendance). Shows sound decision-making.
- Understands and upholds corporate and company ethics policies. Demonstrates a high standard of fairness in all dealings. Honors commitments. Acts in the best interest of the organization. Leads by example. Treats all people with fairness, honesty, respect, compassion and dignity.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve skills for current responsibilities and future needs. Embraces new technology, systems and assignments. Considers feedback openly and adapts behavior as needed.
- Strives to meet high quality and quantity standards in meeting customers’ needs (staff and external clients).
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; analytics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or related field of study.
- 3 - 4 years related analytics experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with subscription-based businesses a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in remote/home office.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Works in a deadline-driven, fast-paced position that requires accuracy and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to focus on tasks, have analytical ability and deal with changing priorities.
- Requires ability to move from one location to another, sitting, standing, bending, talking, hearing, use of near, mid-range and far vision. Frequently required to sit or stay in a stationary position.
- Frequently required to communicate effectively and provide information to coworkers, managers and customers verbally and/or in person, via email, in written form, via telephone, or by video conferencing applications.
- Constantly uses a computer, which may require prolonged keyboarding and use of a mouse.
- Employee may work more than his/her scheduled number of hours and may work non-traditional business hours.
- Air travel may be necessary.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.