Director of Sales
The Director of Sales drives multi-media sales revenue from large, local & regional accounts with a focus on new revenue per account. Leads from the front with application of process, adoption of success metrics and accountability for performance.
- Lead revenue growth through weekly 1:1 “Screens-up” meetings with consultants either on-site or virtual.
- Lead efforts to maintain, cultivate and grow assigned accounts.
- Hold team accountable for achieving revenue and KPI goals.
- Identify and overcome training and personnel gaps.
- Reinforce activity and engagement minimums for all tools & resources.
- Accurately forecast revenue through use of CRM.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sales Excellence
- Results Oriented
- Coach to Performance
- CRM Adoption
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to work remotely while contributing to a team environment
- Regular and reliable attendance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or the equivalent education, experience, skills and knowledge needed to do the job.
Desired qualifications: 5+ years of direct sales leadership experience; 5+ years of digital marketing experience; Google Ads certifications a plus; familiarity with CRM tools; familiarity with Google Drive and other Google products
Goal-oriented. Acts with urgency. Strives for successful outcomes in serving customers/readers/advertisers. Tackles problems and unlocks opportunities through the generation and support of new ideas and solutions.
Engaged listening; creates a commitment to action by presenting ideas in a clear, concise manner.
Works harmoniously with colleagues. Shares critical information works effectively across functional lines, recognizes others for their contributions. Handles self professionally.
Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action. Innovates creates and looks for solutions that will benefit the business.
Performs work in a timely manner with consistent attention to quality. Follows through and meets all commitments. Manages time and resources effectively (including attendance). Shows sound decision making.
Understands and upholds corporate and company ethics policies. Demonstrates a high standard of fairness in all dealings. Honors commitments. Acts in the best interest of the organization. Leads by example. Treats all people with fairness, honesty, respect, compassion and dignity.
Continuous learning and improvement
Seeks out opportunities to improve skill for current responsibilities and future needs. Embraces new technology, systems and assignments. Considers feedback openly and adapts behavior as needed.
Strives to meet high quality and quantity standards in meeting customers’ needs (staff and external clients).
Works in an office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
May work remotely in a home office setting.
Sometimes required to work outside and may encounter extreme heat/cold.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a deadline driven, fast-paced position that requires accuracy and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Has to be able to focus on tasks, have analytical ability and deal with changing priorities.
- Requires ability to move from one location to another, sitting, standing, bending, talking, hearing, use of near, mid-range and far vision. Frequently required to sit or stay in a stationary position.
- Frequently required to communicate effectively and provide information to coworkers, managers and customers verbally and/or in person, via email, in written form, via telephone, or by video conferencing applications.
- Constantly uses a computer, which may require prolonged keyboarding and use of a mouse.
- May be required to work from home/virtually. Must have the accommodations available to do so.
- Employee may work more than his/her scheduled number of hours and may work non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to travel to locations to conduct an interview and meet with clients.
- Air travel may be necessary.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle insurance (at least minimum insurance required for the state in which the employee works).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work required of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or competencies. As the needs of our customers change, employees will need to be flexible in assuming new responsibilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Your employment relationship with The McClatchy Company, McClatchy Shared Services or an affiliate is "at will".