Sr. Paid Media Specialist - Remote US
McClatchy is hiring a Sr. Paid Media Specialist. We are looking for a self-starting, self-learning marketing expert with a desire to Get Stuff Done in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment where people come first and camaraderie is everything.
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, help regional and local clients grow by leveraging the latest technologies and techniques to smartly engage the right audiences.
We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Learn a little bit about us: McClatchy
As our Sr. Paid Media Specialist, you will oversee a large portfolio of clients that invest in McClatchy digital marketing channels inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Search engine marketing (SEM),
- Programmatic and location-based advertising (display, video, and native),
- Social media advertising (Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.),
- Additional paid media channels that are a part of the McClatchy channel mix.
YOU are meant for this role if:
- You have a passion for digital marketing and thrive on being responsible for optimizing, retaining, growing, and servicing the clients in their portfolio, across all tactics, while also providing cross-team collaboration and peer-to-peer support.
- You excel at being the strategic lead for your clients’ accounts in a capacity that requires superior prioritization skills, impeccable communication skills and the ability and initiative to drive change within our organization.
We love collaboration and sharing of ideas, so don’t be afraid to be yourself and bring it on!
Location: This position will be remote, within the United States
- Working cross-departmentally to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization
- Coordinating and executing media buys for various ad platforms and overseeing the day-to-day execution of media, responsible for marketing investment and performance of a large portfolio of clients
- Work hand-in-hand with external fulfillment vendors and partners to achieve and exceed client performance goals as well as provide ongoing strategic guidance
- Collaborate with and provide insight to internal partner teams to ensure a high rate of client retention, as well as recommendations for growing client relationships and budgets in the form of upsell or cross-sell recommendations
- Contribute to the ongoing development of fulfillment processes, procedures, and approaches to ensure the division maintains a high level of throughput, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Be the go-to expert for internal and external tools, platforms, software, and dashboards.
- Experience building, managing, and/or optimizing digital marketing campaigns inclusive of PPC, programmatic display and video, paid social, YouTube, and OTT/CTV
- Experience utilizing data management platforms and tools to target 0P, 1P, and 3P audience segments
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to quickly and effectively calculate and analyze cost-driven KPI inclusive of CPC, CPM, CPA, CPP, CPS, ROI, ROAS, LTV, and others
- Hands-on experience following an order entry, submission, QA, and completion process
- Experience managing, communicating with, and executing digital marketing campaigns through third-party vendors and partners
- Track record of managing a high volume of requests, clients, and digital marketing campaigns with high accuracy and low error rates
- Experience with Google Workspace (Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of related marketing and advertising strategy, fulfillment, and execution experience in at least one or a combination of the following disciplines:
* Search Engine Marketing,
* PLA/Shopping Campaigns,
* Programmatic Display and Video,
* Paid Social Media Advertising