Enterprise Data Strategist
This position is responsible for end-to-end data management of cutting-edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science solutions. Will lead projects and handle vast amounts of, and various types of data. This position will lead data scientists and collaborate with business stakeholders to design and develop cutting-edge data solutions.
This position is critical in setting the strategy, technical direction and adoption of our next-generation data platform, tools, and services. This position will be front and center as we modernize our solutions and change the way we think about and apply data in solutions across our architecture.
No supervisory responsibilities immediately. Some supervisory responsibilities may be added as business requirements change.
- Gain an understanding of our Current State and then define the Target State Architecture and Strategy.
- Work as the technical product owner in partnership with business stakeholders to define the technical strategy for our data-driven products and applications.
- Drive towards adoption of the target state architecture by executing on the strategy.
- Design and develop best in class cloud-based data and analytic solutions
- Conduct design workshops with key stakeholders presenting various design options with associated pros and cons to drive consensus decisions
- Plan and execute best practices around data integration strategies and approaches
- Leverage information security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of data
- Work with insights and analytical team members to understand data requirements
- Lead and mentor other team members.
- Participate in cross-project design reviews bringing objectivity and best practice recommendations into discussions
- Foster development best practices within the team.
- Identify and drive process improvements.
- Work with our product organization to develop business requirements into architecture and integrate into our longer-term platform strategy.
- Define solution-level architecture for project teams including guidance on development tools, target platforms, operations, and security.
- Provide leadership to the project development teams for successful project implementation on the selected data platform.
- Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the data space.
- Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases
- Work on other duties and projects, as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess a drive to implement the best possible solutions and the ability to see the big picture of data in achieving business results.
- Possess the leadership qualities necessary to drive change and adoption of the strategy.
- Willing and open to learning new patterns, frameworks, and technology
- Ability to work a flex schedule
- Must be able to work remotely while contributing to a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with colleagues and clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner
- Ability to communicate complex solutions to clients and stakeholders in a clear and succinct manner
- Systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Strong understanding of data governance principles including, but not limited to Master Data Management, Data Lineage and Data Security
- Experience in migration from the on-premises data warehouse to cloud solutions
- Extensive knowledge of various database systems (Relational, MPP, NoSQL, Graph) with an ability to recommend the right solution based on client requirements and needs
- Experience with streaming patterns and technologies like Kafka, AWS Firehose, or Azure Stream Analytics
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL/ELT data pipelines across a number of sources and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Strong Solutions architecture experience and an affinity for designing realtime-first and automation-first design patterns
- Experience in the design and development of metadata-driven data pipelines, automated data quality, and automated data pipeline testing
- Strong understanding of data security policies and how to properly design solutions leveraging frameworks and patterns in data masking, data de-identification, audit tracking, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Analytics, Data Science or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years’ work experience, at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience working at data-driven online business with significant accomplishments in driving results through data solutions
- Expertise in developing a data-driven enterprise architecture, assisting in aligning enterprise and business initiatives, and translating business strategy into data strategy
- Deep experience of cloud and modern design patterns related to data ingestion, data modeling, data consumption, and data management (data quality, cataloging, lineage, profiling, etc.)
- Hands on experience working with Customer Data Platforms, preferably in Adobe solutions
- Hands-on experience with cloud data platform technologies such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift, and Azure SynapseHands on with Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and automated data translation technologies
- Hands-on experience with legacy big data technologies as well as Relational DatabasesDesign experience with cloud solutions incorporating Information Security principles and best practices to ensure designs are in accordance with regulatory data security and data governance principles
- Experience managing teams of both onshore and offshore developers
- Experience with architecture design patterns guiding operational management and best practices
This position is a fully remote in-home office.
Excellent benefits and a generous compensation package.