Field Service Assistant
Centre Daily Times
Division: Audience Development
Reports To:Logistics Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: PT
This position will report to Logistics Coordinator.
The position is responsible for assisting with the distribution of the newspaper and other products to subscribers within a designated delivery territory.
The position will also have a responsibility to ensure that Audience Development work conducted for the assigned newspaper is done in a world-class manner. This position works to ensure that operational practices, billing practices and customer services practices meet and exceed both the retailers’ and end consumer’s expectations.
The Field Service Assistant supports the organization’s commitment to its financial and audience goals including but not limited to audience growth, expense, revenue and operating cash flow.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed to ensure success for the assigned newspaper.
● Responsible for supporting, communicating and adhering to the newspaper’s mission, vision and core values.
● Responsible for knowing, communicating and delivering on the core strategies, audience targets, audience revenue targets and audience division cash flow targets. Identifies alternatives for delivering on strategies and targets when shortfalls are anticipated.
● Attains goals and objectives, policies and procedures for the Audience Development departments at the assigned newspaper.
● Responsible for each of the following:
o Spend time in the loading dock, regularly, communicating with contracted carriers regarding distribution and customer complaints
o Work in conjunction with Logistics Coordinator, Loading dock / Dock Coordinators, and District Managers to ensure proper product distribution.
o Resolve customer complaints as assigned by Logistics Coordinator within specified time frames.
o Ensure that independent contractors fulfill their contractual obligations of timely delivery to customers’ satisfaction.
o Performs periodic field audits to check delivery time, proper inserts, packaging and placement.
o Ensure delivery is made on a daily basis for all home delivery routes as assigned.
o Builds a network of contracted carriers and substitutes to ensure delivery.
● Assemble, roll, bag, and deliver newspapers as needed for down route delivery.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
Weekend and holiday hours will be required.
This position will be performed in all types of weather, including inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
● To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds consistently throughout each shift
● Ability to operate computer; and legally drive a vehicle.
● Ability to safely operate a motorized pallet jack.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must have the outstanding commitment to provide excellent customer service to every customer, both internally and externally.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as net sales, returns and sellout percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to multi-task and work well in a fast paced, team environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS