Digital Graphic Designer
We have a great opportunity for a talented Digital Graphic Designer at excelerate Digital, McClatchy's national digital marketing agency.
The Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for determining the best ways for us to visually represent our clients identity online. This is very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for design projects. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. At times, you will develop visual designs, and at other times, you will collaborate with internal design resources.
As the ideal Digital Graphic Designer, you:
- Bring strong conceptual ideas that are strategically correct and on brief (or challenge the brief)
- Inspire those around you to think bigger and to always push creative boundaries
- Have proven success across various industries and consumer types
- Collaborate within your discipline, project team(s) and the agency as a whole
- Are knowledgeable of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography and the ability to storyboard or translate ideas from concept to completion
- Contribute to thought leadership for the discipline and the agency
- Are pumped to design for IOS, Android, tablets, web, and have a little geek in you to stay on top of the trends.
- Understand the balance of deferring to the experts on their team while driving for excellence.
If this sounds like you, please provide a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Meeting with larger account teams to oversee discovery.
- Creating deliverables and being hands-on in general whenever duty calls. (And it will call often to start.)
- Quality certify of everything that leaves the agency
- Leadership on business development pitches
- Researching new, design trends, tools, software and standards
- Representative of design team, methodology ownership, culture steward
- Ultimate accountability of client satisfaction
- Deliver exceptional creative for all online and offline marketing efforts through vehicles such as banner ads, print ads, page takeovers, email marketing, landing pages, video, social and mobile marketing.
- 5+ years of experience from a top digital agency
- Strong portfolio
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Unbounce
- The proven ability to collaborate, with each other and with colleagues across disciplines
- Be an excellent communicator — not only to our clients but within the agency with respect to speaking up or delivering constructive feedback
- Google Web Designer (building HTML5 + video ads) from templates as well as custom-created templates
- Microsoft and Google suite experience
- Degree in related field
- DoubleClick Studio and DoubleClick Rich Media experience a plus
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager experience a plus
- HTML experience a plus
- Digital Marketing Experience a plus