Driver - Class B
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Loads, unloads and transports newspapers, supplements and other materials from a print location to the loading dock. Assists in the distribution of newspapers to carriers. Responsible for the accurate delivery of all such materials in a safe and timely manner.
- Drives a company owned or leased vehicle to pick up delivery products for the Sun Herald from one assigned location to another location in town or out of town as quickly and safely as possible.
- Assists in the loading and unloading of newspaper bundles
- Uses an assigned manifest to assure the accuracy of the load before transporting newspapers to distribution center
- Completes daily truck log for each trip made
- Completes a daily log of hours spent on each trip
- Works in all type of weather conditions.
- Some warehouse work consisting of counting, sorting, stacking, pushing the rolling carts to loading docks and using pallet jacks, other duties apply as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Distribution Manager
SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a good team player
- Excellent driver
- Close attention to accuracy when loading materials
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid MS Class B driver’s license and a good driving record. CDL class B required with air brake endorsement
Schedule: Evening and variable