Budget & Reporting Analyst
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is currently looking for a Budget & Reporting Analyst.
This position is remote within the US.
The Budget & Reporting Analyst will perform key tasks supporting the Central Finance division, but will also help support other areas of the business. This role is intended to provide cross-functional experience in forecasting, analyzing and recommendations to key leaders across the organization.
Primarily responsible for assisting with all monthly forecasts and annual budgets, gathering and reviewing reports to provide to the management team. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, has a strong work ethic, is detail oriented and will use skills and experience to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is between $80,000 and $100,000 annually. Individual base pay may vary within that range depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, relevant education, department equity, training, geography, and local wage and hours laws.
- Assist in the preparation of the company's monthly forecast and annual budget
- Assist department heads in analyzing data and projecting costs
- Analyze monthly financial results and perform variance analysis
- Develop and maintain financial models and forecasts
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis as requested
- Prepare monthly metrics reports and internal management reports
- Write reports for FP&A team as requested
- Gather and analyze data to provide to the management team
- Comfortable with ERP financial systems and reporting tools
- Report writing experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Understanding of GAAP accounting
- PeopleSoft reporting tools (nVision) a plus
- Strong attention to detail and communication ability
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or related.
- 3-5 years of Finance/Accounting experience
Our impact is growing every day. 30 growing markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger. As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth—a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.
Our overall benefits package also includes a 401(k) with employer match, competitive paid time off and corporate holidays, and a variety of mental health benefits. For more information on McClatchy's benefit plan, please visit McClatchyLivewell.com.