McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
The McClatchy Analytics team is looking for an exceptionally talented Tableau Developer who is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of all Tableau related reporting and visualizations. In this role, you will use your experience with Tableau to work closely with business users to understand their requirements and build visualizations that meet and exceed their expectations.
Note: The preferred location for this position is our Raleigh NC office, however we may be open to consider the position to be remote from the following locations: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, Sacramento or Miami.
- Research, plan, recommend and implement dashboards and data visualization in Tableau to meet the organization's business requirements
- Draws upon a full range of Tableau features to design, develop, enhance and support Tableau visualizations including, but not limited to, highly interactive dashboards, scorecards and reports
- By using Tableau, ability to design complex and interactive executive dashboard with drill down to detail and analysis pathways to other supporting reports
- Develop a strong understanding of business requirements; working with business users/ business analysts to define technical and process requirements
- Leverage advanced Tableau functionality (parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, etc.) to create analytical dashboards
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its reporting goals
- Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Execute data queries across multiple data sources in support of business intelligence reporting needs. Format query results / reports in various ways
- Design, develop, and maintain Tableau self-service reports and dashboards, identifying KPIs to let business answer drivers of results, predict future outcomes and/or perform what-if analysis.
- Oversee development of Data models, Stat Models and ETLs
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Requires strong SQL development skills – writing complex queries, joins, creating tables, views, stored procedures
- 3+ years Tableau development experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business
- Strong understanding of SQL, data structures, data modeling, etc.
- Outstanding problem-solving & analysis, time management, verbal & written communications skills, and team effectiveness
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers such as: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.