Commerce Content Operations Manager
Commerce Content Operations Manager works with McClatchy’s various team members to increase McClatchy’s commerce content revenues and profits working with partners as well as freelance writers. Optimizes McClatchy’s commerce content partners’ SEO strategies and content plans to maximize McClatchy’s outcomes. Manages content strategy for internal and McClatchy-managed commerce freelance writers, their daily operation and related content production efforts.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is between $100,000 and $140,000 annually. Individual base pay may vary within that range depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, relevant education, department equity, training, geography, and local wage and hours laws.
- Oversee internal and freelancer commerce writers
- Coordinate efficient and effective content production activities with partners
- Continuously monitor McClatchy’s commerce SEO performance and identify new opportunities
- Create processes for identifying winnable commerce content opportunities at scale
- Develop and continually refine the playbook for evergreen and trending commerce content using McClatchy’s assets
- Identify ideas for improving conversion rates to commerce content
- Work with audience development and platform teams to increase non-search traffic to execute strategies and tactics to drive traffic to commerce content
- Collaborate with the data team to design dashboards to help manage content engagement and performance
- Maintain industry knowledge and benchmarks success in key commerce and data metrics
- Identify use cases for using data signals to increase non-search-driven traffic to commerce-content
- Work on other duties and projects, as assigned.
- May manage internal or freelance commerce writers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working experience in commerce content business, preferably in a management role
- Strong SEO knowledge, with hands-on experience in SEO driven commerce content
- Website operations and content production experience
- Strong data analytics skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Innate ability to convert data to information
- Ability to prioritize and to work under and meet short- and long-deadlines in a fast-paced data-driven work environment
- An understanding of audience trends and digital media
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and team player skill
- Ability to work well, be professional and courteous with a variety of stakeholders, external and internal
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work remotely while contributing to a team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university or the equivalent education
- Five years experience in commerce content preferred, if not 5 years of experience in digital media with revenue responsibilities and/or affiliate management
- Experience managing commerce writers and developing content strategies
- Hands-on expertise with affiliate networks like Impact, Skim links, Amazon Associates
- Well-versed in analytical & SEO tools such as Google Analytics, ahrefs, SEMrush, Google Search Console, etc
- Deep familiarity with evergreen SEO content strategy
What we’ll bring:
McClatchy strives to be an employer of choice, and our benefits package is made with this goal in mind. With a focus on health, well-being, wealth and daily life, our package options include healthcare coverage for employees and their families, financial protection from expected and unexpected expenses, multiple no-cost wellness resources and even coverage for four-legged friends.
Our overall benefits package also includes a 401(k) with employer match, competitive paid time off and corporate holidays, and a variety of mental health benefits. With an excellent support team and with focus on your well-being as a top corporate strategy, McClatchy provides benefits to support you and your family in achieving your health and wellness goals. For more information on McClatchy's benefit plan, please visit McClatchyLivewell.com.
Our impact is growing every day. 30 growing markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth—a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.