Intern Advantage Program - Renewable Energy - Summer 2024
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is one of America's premier commercial construction companies. Our reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on building high-performing teams that collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion. With offices and employees nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types including healthcare, education, renewable energy, marine, water/wastewater, commercial office and retail, hospitality/entertainment and airports. Originally founded as a family business in 1864, today we are proud to be 100 percent employee-owned.
Real Experience. Real Results. Join the McCarthy Intern Advantage program during the summer of 2024! McCarthy's internship program is very competitive and is an excellent opportunity to learn hands on what a career in construction is all about! An intern hired into the Renewable Energy Business Unit could be placed on a project anywhere throughout the continental United States.
Report to Project Manager or Assistant PM, and perform duties to assist you in learning the process of managing the construction of the project. Work in conjunction with other Field Staff to ensure mutual project and personal development goals are being met. Duties may include the following, depending on education and skill level, as well as status/timing of the project.
• Assist team with General Contract and Subcontract administration
• Exposure to Construction Scheduling
• Material & Equipment – procurement and expediting
• Mechanical, electrical and piping systems coordination
• Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
• Participation in and documentation of project coordination meetings
• Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
• Maintenance of As-Built plans
• Exposure to and monitoring of quality control - field and shop
• Monitor and document jobsite safety and accident prevention
• Sophomore, Junior, Senior working towards Bachelors degree, preferably in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• Valid interest in pursuing a career in Construction/Project Management required
• General knowledge of construction principles/processes
McCarthy Building Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.