Development Scientist II
This position serves as a primary point of contact with the client regarding pharmaceutical development and clinical manufacturing project related activities. This role is responsible for supporting these activities in the areas of supervision, process development, clinical trial batch manufacturing, packing and documentation.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Scientific Excellence: Design and execute experiments in support of potential new technological offerings to our client base as well as participate or support research articles and publications
- People Leadership: Develop a continuous improvement culture whereby employees are coached and mentored to be change leaders; participations and intra/inter-departmental idea sharing in order to build an engaged team; advance and model Mayne Pharma values and leadership commitments; ensure that the highest level of quality, compliance, and integrity are adhered to in all interactions
- Program Management: Design, coordinate, develop and execute development and CTM projects and activities ensuring that tasks are appropriately prioritized and completed according to deadlines
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently design and execute experiments
- Organize multiple project responsibilities to ensure tasks are appropriately prioritized and executed on time
- Design, coordinate, and execute development and CTM activities, including formulation, data interpretation, equipment selection, generation of batch records and other appropriate documentation, and problem solving exercises
- Ongoing communication with clients, internal support groups, resources, vendors and staff
- Supervise 1-3 staff and ensure direct reports are adequately trained and actively engaged in departmental and corporate objectives
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Customer Focus & Service: Treats the needs of clients and patients as a priority. Works to develop and communicate solutions that meet customer needs. Listens well and is considered a subject-matter to clients and providers.
- Oral Communication: Deliver clear, effective oral communication and take responsibility for others understanding.
- Quality: Prioritizes and delivers highest levels of quality in work and interactions with customers and team members.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables and works well with others while providing support and assistance to team members to help accomplish objectives.
- Organization: Establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective; set priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Decision Quality: Considers all relevant factors (analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment) and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles.
- Problem Solving: Build a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Technical Acumen: Deep understanding of pharmaceutical product development and can act as a technical expert in leading and supporting these activities.
- Written Communication: Conveys ideas and facts in writing in a way that will be understood by composing in a clear, direct, concise and complete manner.
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science or Chemistry or related science with at least 2 years of industrial pharmaceutical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related science with at least 3 years of industrial pharmaceutical experience
- Some exposure to hazardous chemicals and other active chemical ingredients
- Position requires the capacity to handle and manipulate objects using hands and arms.
- Requires ability to occasionally lift items in excess of 50 pounds
Equal Employment Opportunity and Employment Eligibility
Mayne Pharma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Mayne Pharma also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Mayne Pharma is an E-Verify employer.