CNC Machinist I
2nd or 3rd Shift
Set-up and operation of CNC Machines such as but not limited to lathes and milling machines. Responsible for fabricating quality parts, that meets the customer’s specifications, and requirements. Work performed with general supervision. Mayday offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, employee stock purchase plan and shift differential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform first and second operation setups proficiently
- Run two CNC Machines at a time proficiently
- Machine moderately complex parts
- Perform advance edits, which include locations, chamfers, and adding additional tools
- Perform Part Checks on other CNC Machinists jobs
- Train and assist Level One and Two CNC Machinists
- Solve material and part issues
- Perform part inspections using measuring devices
- Complete all required and/or necessary documentation
- Complete Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Hardness Checks if needed
- Clean and maintain machines and tooling
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and routers
- Follow safe operating procedures when using all tools and equipment.
- Inform supervisor of equipment or supply issues
- Adhere to company Quality and Safety standards, policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all files at all times
- Perform other incidental and related duties as assigned
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Machining processes, applications, concepts, practices, and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of general Aerospace Manufacturing processes, requirements, and specifications
- Intermediate knowledge of special measuring tools, including the Micrometers, Sunnen Gages, Comparator, Indicators and Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM)
- Intermediate math & reasoning skills with the ability to comprehend production documents
- Ability to maintain a High-Level of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate across various organizational functions to resolve issues
- Fluently speak, read, and write English
- Basic computer skills
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information as defined under the ITAR/EAR.
Full benefit package plus paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and STD benefits. Company match for 401k and profit sharing.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status