Mayday Manufacturing is a leading Aerospace manufacturing company in Denton, Texas that provides a dynamic work environment with cutting edge manufacturing technology. Our company supports the growth and future of the Aerospace industry and is looking to add a 2nd shift Deburr I position to our team to contribute to our advancement.
Set-up and operate the Speed Lathe and Vibro Mill machines and any related tools to remove excess material or burrs from surfaces. This position may remove sharp edges, corners, buff, hone or polish metal parts according to Customer’s specifications. Work performed with general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate the Speed Lathe and Vibro Mill machines and any related tool needed, for each job daily.
- Complete all necessary paperwork required by the Company, for each job daily.
- Clean and maintain machines ensuring equipment is in optimal production condition, daily.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and routers, as needed.
- Follow safe operating procedures when using all tools and equipment, daily.
- Inform supervisor of equipment or supply problems, immediately.
- Adhere to company Quality and Safety standards, policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all files at all times.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Deburr fundamentals, concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must become proficient in the use of basic measuring tools including Micrometers, Calipers, Deltronic Pins, and Thread Gauges.
- Must become proficient in performing the fundamental set-up and operation of the Speed Lathe and Vibro Mill machines, unassisted.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the differences in metals and types of finishes.
- Excellent reasoning skills with the ability to read & interpret complex documents.
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Effectively communicate by written or verbal skills with others across various organizational functions to resolve issues.
- Fluently speak, read, and write English.
- Solve problems and make decisions where there are clearly defined objectives and functional direction.
- Basic computer skills using MS Office products.
Education / Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information as defined under the ITAR/EAR.
Full benefit package plus paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and STD benefits. Company match for 401k and profit sharing.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status