Senior Technical Consultant
As a Senior Technical Services Consultant, you will work to solve complex technical problems and design robust solutions that provide our customers with data that drives important business decisions.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated and directed, a collaborator, and has a can-do attitude. A real “go-getter!”
- Be a team player! Ability to interact and perform in a cross-functional team environment while remaining sensitive to the varying cultures of both internal and external organizations
- A quick study with a true passion for working with numbers to solve problems, analyze procedures, and investigate business issues
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in a manner appropriate for the intended audience (technical and/or business) both in-person and over virtual communication
- Ability to self-manage tasks and deliverables across multiple projects and gauge relative priority.
- Adaptable to change and the ability to maintain a high level of performance while identifying and mitigating risk and addressing areas of uncertainty.
- A proven leader, actively helping others to learn, grow and succeed.
- Lead data conversion and integration activities; gather requirements, produce business requirement and design documentation, configure/build system integrations, support client UAT and troubleshoot integration issues
- Facilitate conversations related to solution architecture/system landscape and integrations with 3rd party applications (such as Salesforce, JIRA, NetSuite, Intacct)
- Understand Mavenlink’s technology, product offerings and industries served. Collaborate with the project team and customer to understand all technical aspects and ensure the quality of the deliverable.
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems. Understand the client business requirements and objectives while ensuring alignment with the Mavenlink solution to drive desired business results
- Ability to effectively manage own tasks, task timelines and estimated remaining effort within the larger services implementation
- Experience driving the discovery and solutioning process with enterprise customers
- Contribute to the consultant toolset by identifying trends and support internal documentation, development projects and process improvements. Ability to innovate new solutions.
- Gather requirements across customer implementations and internal teams to lead the process of identifying and solutioning new tools for process improvement.
- Contribute to the collective learning of Mavenlink, seeking opportunities to identify and disseminate improvements to organizational methodology, processes, and practices
- Actively participate in the ongoing improvement of the Mavenlink product suite and the services implementation methodology to build and share repeatable processes and quality deliverables that may be leveraged across multiple projects to increase speed and reduce costs
- Proactively identify areas of team and process improvement and efficiency; lead improvement initiatives
- Contribute to an environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills, and expertise.
- Be a leader in providing other team members with personal and professional growth, general technical knowledge and overall success
Experience - Technical
- Experience with common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, REST, APIs, XML, Business process automation and orchestration tools and software
- Experience working with relational databases and data interdependence
- Proven technical skills and project implementation expertise designing, configuring and deploying SaaS-based software solutions
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices
- Experience with software implementations, understanding of SDLC and the ability to execute to project plans, produce client facing deliverables
- Ability to document technical specifications
- A natural client services mentality; the consistent ability to keep the needs of the client at the forefront of his or her actions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- A willingness to tackle difficult and complex problems
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Capacity to react quickly to problems as they arise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to proactively manage scope and identify solutions to mitigate risk
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with customers based on mutual respect and established experience
- BA/BS computer science or engineering degree or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years industry experience in a customer-facing technical field such as professional services, engineering, consulting or technical support
- 3+ years experience in technical deployment and project implementation for on-premise/cloud-based commercial software applications, such as ERP, CRM, CMS or similar systems
- Broad technical knowledge of internet-based products and technologies.
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Prior experience in debugging, production support, or writing code
- APIs and XML/JSON data structures
- Experience with SQL and understanding of ETL and LDM
- Experience with Ruby, C#, shell scripting, CSS, JS or similar