Product Marketing Manager - B2B SaaS (Remote/Hybrid Option)
About the Role
We are looking for a multi-talented product marketing manager to own the successful launch of powerful, first-in-market features to a wide range of internal and external audiences. You will become an expert on our customer personas, market opportunities, and the competitive landscape of your area of the product.
You’ll work closely with our marketing leadership, product and sales teams, and customer-facing departments to synthesize information on our customers and use it to help us explain the value of our software in a language that resonates with their needs. Most importantly, you’ll be the link that ensures the product we build reaches the people we’re building it for.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop differentiated, persona-sensitive positioning and messaging for Mavenlink products and solutions.
- Understand buyer personas and be able to articulate and apply them across marketing content/campaigns as well as sales tools.
- Understand the competitive landscape in relationship to your product area in order to accurately position & differentiate Mavenlink against various competitors, across multiple segments.
- Be the product spokesperson and evangelist for your product; supporting a wide range of opportunities across internal and external events and functions.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop compelling, emotive content to fuel marketing programs that create awareness and drive demand for your products.
- Assist with pricing and packaging for your products to ensure we are delivering excellent value for our Customers – including special offers/promotions.
- Work across all functions and teams within the Mavenlink organization including Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to ensure successful delivery of the right content and programs to the right audiences.
- Contribute to Sales Enablement - helping communicate the value proposition to sales teams and developing the needed sales tools to support the sales cycle and motions.
- Working with Solutions Engineering - making sure we are showing the latest and greatest features in our product demos to ensure we are telling a story of differentiated value.
The ideal candidate for this role loves understanding business customer pain points and articulating ways to solve them with technology. You thrive on owning projects from start to finish, whether that means keeping others on track or diving in to make things happen.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable creating materials for a wide range of internal and external audiences, whether that’s the CEO of a consulting firm, a project manager in an advertising agency, or a member of our sales team. You’ll also need to be comfortable getting technical: Mavenlink is all about providing elegant solutions to complex business problems, and to market it successfully you’ll need to understand exactly what the application makes possible.
You need to be proactive and self-directed; on a day-to-day basis, you’ll often set your own agenda. Lastly, strong people skills are essential: you’ll be working closely with staff ranging from entry-level employees to senior executives.
- 3+ years of B2B software or SaaS product marketing experience – a strategic thinker with successful hands-on execution and strong leadership skills.
- Skilled problem solver with a growth mindset and a curiosity to find a better solution.
- Prior experience with SaaS enterprise software, including BI, analytics, accounting, ERP, or project management software.
- Demonstrated track record of success in a fast-paced, growth company - improving the effectiveness of sales professionals and developing successful go-to-market strategies.
- Strong data analysis and written communication skills.
- BS/BA degree required - Master’s degree preferred but optional.
- Experience conducting survey-based customer research
- Proficiency in analyzing research data in Excel, SPSS, Stata, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, communications, marketing, or business administration.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Product Management or Engineering Experience (not required, but a plus)
- Experience marketing products to professional services businesses (marketing agencies, consulting firms, software implementation teams, etc.)
How to Apply
We look forward to hearing from you!