Professional Services Consultant
About the Role
As a Professional Services Business Consultant, you will drive the strategy and design of the Client solution to provide a Remarkable Client Experience. This includes providing tailored best practices and approaches to complex use cases and needs, developing a configuration and business process strategy, and managing the Mavenlink implementation process.
- Continuously and consistently drive a Remarkable Client Experience!
- Work with clients to help them achieve operational excellence in their services delivery by implementing Mavenlink’s cloud-based solution that allows services driven organizations to effectively manage their entire project delivery lifecycle.
- Facilitate design and configuration sessions and provide business recommendations to ensure our clients experience value through the Mavenlink solution.
- Work with other team members to design client’s Mavenlink solution including core product configuration, custom reporting, integration with 3rd party applications such as Xero, Salesforce and conversions of data from legacy systems into Mavenlink.
- Develop and provide services industry domain expertise as it relates to Mavenlink’s world-class software solution.
About the Candidate
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated and directed, a collaborator, and has a can-do attitude. A real “go-getter!”
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand the concept of scope management and how to identify potential risks.
- Ability to present ideas in a manner appropriate for the intended audience (technical and/or business).
- Ability to maintain a client focus and react quickly to problems while working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Ability to manage expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders while performing day to day activities via local and virtual channels.
- Willing and driven to continuously learn.
- Ability to effectively cope with change and maintain high levels of performance while mitigating risk and addressing areas of uncertainty.
- Be a team player! Ability to interact and perform in a cross functional team environment while remaining sensitive to the varying cultures of both internal and external organizations.
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems. Understand our clients’ business requirements and objectives while ensuring alignment with the Mavenlink solution to drive desired business results.
- Assist or drive other deployment activities such as requirements gathering, functional design, system testing, user acceptance testing, issue troubleshooting and resolution, change management, and training.
- Work across internal teams to perform the full design of Mavenlink required for the deployment of the solution including core configuration, custom reports, integrations, and data migrations.
- Teamwork: Contribute to an environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills, and expertise.
- Actively participate in the ongoing improvement of the Mavenlink product suite and the services implementation methodology to build and share repeatable processes and quality deliverables that may be leveraged across multiple projects to increase speed and reduce costs.
- Be a mentor and coach to other team members.
- Contribute to the collective learning of Mavenlink, seeking opportunities to identify and disseminate improvements to organizational methodology, processes, and practices.
- Contribute to the consultant tool set by identifying trends and support internal documentation, development projects, and process improvements.
- Lead data conversion and integration activities; gather requirements, produce business requirements and design documentation, configure/build system integrations, support client UAT and troubleshoot integration issues.
- Facilitate conversations related to solution architecture / system landscape and integrations with 3rd party applications (such as Xero, Salesforce, JIRA).
Experience – Non-Technical
- Experience leading solution design workshops, defining business needs, and proposing business processes.
- Experience implementing software solutions, in the project/software delivery lifecycle, and in executing to project plans to produce quality client deliverables.
- Experience in the areas of financial reporting, business intelligence and key performance metrics. Knowledge related to managing and tracking project ROI metrics with experience in the presentation of financial dashboards or scorecards.
- Previous services industry experience and/or experience working with a Professional Services Automation (PSA) solution is a plus.
Experience - Technical
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications and specialized in-house and customer systems.
- Solid understanding of data interdependence within software systems.
- Experience with configuration of SaaS based software solutions.
- Programming fundamentals & experience with relational databases and data analysis is a plus.
- Familiarity of cloud-based and on-premise applications and architectures - web services, APIs and XML/JSON data structures is a plus.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting technical system issues is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 2+ years of progressive experience working in a client-facing role at a consulting firm, software company, or equivalent.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.