New Home Technician, Construction
Mattamy Homes (Canada)
Construction - Site, Alberta
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
As the New Home Technician, Construction, you are responsible for achieving the high standards and integrity of the Mattamy organization. You will identify, assess and perform required repairs so that deficiency items in new homes are rectified prior to homeowner possession. You will help to achieve the company mission of The Best Homeowner Experience, in all activities undertaken.
- Fix and eliminate deficiency items before Certification of Completion and Pre-Delivery Inspections, including preparation for occupancy inspection.
- Assist in identifying and assessing construction deficiencies and perform repairs in a timely manner.
- Prepare homes for inspection by City.
- Prepare homes for next trade as required including cleaning, covering floors, scraping floors, pumping water, snow shoveling.
- Perform various checks as required for each home.
- Ensure complete clean-up of home, inside and outside, throughout the build.
- Review, assess and report any issues on safety to Health & Safety Rep. or direct supervisor, includes ensuring protective gear used/worn.
- On a daily basis, collect and dispose of debris at construction site, placing it in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling programs.
- Daily inspections on temporary heaters.
What You Bring
- Completion of High school education; working towards a carpentry ticket
- Experience in residential construction or renovations or repairs
- Basic math skills (taking measurements, for example) are essential
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions is an asset
- Good organizational skills with ability to get things done according to timelines
- Good customer service skills in dealing with homeowners and trades
- Must have ability to read and write in the English language at a basic level
- Ability to work at locations across the division
- Hold and maintain a good driving record and a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
Be Yourself. We want it that way! At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies
Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.