Construction - Site, Ottawa
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Construction Labourer safely constructs new homes which meet the high standards of quality set by the company.
- Prepare house for next trade as required including cutting concrete, covering floors, scraping floors, straw placement and removal and stripping floors
- On a daily basis, collect and dispose of debris at construction site, placing it in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling programs
- Assist with having porches filled, garages and basements cleaned so cement can be poured. Ensure driveways are cut, stone is ordered and that patio slabs are installed on each lot.
- Make sure houses are graded and safe for the bricklayer trades to work; ensure footings and walls ready for inspection
- Advise Administrator when to contact garbage company for delivery and exchange bins for interior cleaning
- Ensure availability of temporary heat for inside trades (tile setters, tapers, etc.)
- Locate water boxes (dig up and repair) and ensure water turned on for each house; includes ensuring water boxes are raised and marked for sod
- Review, assess and report any issues on safety to Health & Safety Rep. or direct supervisor, includes ensuring protective gear used/worn
- Address any complaints or inquiries forwarded by homeowners
What You Bring
- No formal education is required although any training related to construction skills would be an asset.
- Experience in residential building or related construction industry.
- Experience dealing with tools and machinery, includes machine skills – rough grading, digging hydro, gas trenching, water boxes, backhoe operation, etc.
- Good organizational skills with ability to get things done according to timelines.
- Good communication skills – especially verbal.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to perform physically challenging work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2017)
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 2020
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2017
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.