Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Toronto, Ontario (hybrid, in-office 3 days/week)
Human Resources, Mattamy Asset Management
Director, Talent, Human Resources
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, engaged professional who is passionate about leveraging their Talent Acquisition skills as a true partner to the business; all while working collaboratively within a close knit and supportive team environment. Based out of our Toronto office but with travel to our Vaughan and Milton offices on occasion; this role will be responsible for full cycle recruiting for office based GTA roles up to the senior manager level, as well as associated project work
- Full cycle Talent Acquisition for positions across our GTA offices, with a focus on Mattamy Asset Management
- Includes sourcing strategies, screening and interviewing, assessments right through to offer
- Partner with hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, provide input and counsel
- ATS administration functions, including systems training and support to Hiring Managers and HR Team
- Manage Co-op and Student recruitment initiatives including approvals, planning timelines, recruitment job fairs and info sessions as well as Co-op Employee Experience Program.
- Champion D&I initiatives to broaden diverse candidate pipelines, inclusive candidate experience
- Provide Talent Acquisition advisory and support to HR Business Partners as required.
- Suggest, support, and implement ongoing process improvements
- Lead and/or support the implementation of Talent Acquisition projects including Recruitment Branding, Marketing, TA Training, ATS data integrity, TA Metrics support
- Participate and support other HR/TA and Talent initiatives as required
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Mattamy, educate candidates on the culture, career growth and benefits of the organization
What You Bring
- Undergraduate degree and Post-secondary education in Human Resources
- 4+ years previous full cycle Talent Acquisition experience in a corporate environment, ideally fast paced and covering a wide variety of role types and levels
- Prior experience in Talent Acquisition in related industries is highly desirable
- Superior business partnering and communication skills, with exceptional customer service orientation
- Must be team oriented and collaborative with demonstrable results orientation
- Proven ability to multitask and manage competing priorities – strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with multiple sourcing strategies, including social media
- Must be able to travel to different locations within the GTA on occasion
- Providing a high level of service and support to the business; successfully integrating with the overall organization, taking a partnership approach to getting things done.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2017)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.