Land Development Coordinator
Hybrid (3 days/week in office) Milton/GTA West, Ontario
Land Development, Greater Toronto Low Rise Division
Land Development Manager
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Mattamy Homes has a unique career opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Land Development Team for an exciting opportunity to begin their career with an industry leader.
Our Land Development Team is made up of highly skilled professionals who work in partnership to identify development opportunities, and work with municipalities, engineering firms and civil constructors to develop and design sustainable communities.
- Assist with the management of land development projects from acquisition to final assumption, with liaison between Sales, Marketing, Building/Architecture, Government Authorities, Consulting team and Contractors.
- Apply your technical engineering, planning and/or business skills to real land development projects immediately.
- Quickly develop and refine your project coordination skills through practical applications on projects in preparation for a management role.
- Broaden your business acumen with exposure to complementary functions such as sales and marketing, construction and customer service.
What You Bring
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, Planning, or Real Estate/Business.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in the residential building industry, consulting or engineering firm and/or relevant related practical experience is desirable.
- Hardworking, detail-oriented and analytical professional with a strategic mindset.
- Proven strength in analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership.
- Ability to manage and/or coordinate large development projects while working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites and consultant offices - a vehicle and a class ‘G’ license is required.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2021 & 2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2021 & 2017)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.