New Home Technician - Warranty
Milton and Oakville, Ontario
Assistant Warranty Service Manager
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
In accordance with the high standards and integrity of the Mattamy organization, as well as adherence to generally accepted building practices, the New Home Technician actively supports the Company Mission of The Best Homeowner Experience by completing warranty service repairs in homes following homeowner possession. The New Home Technician strives to use efficient and high-quality results, as well as a strong customer service orientation throughout every touch point with the home and the Homeowner.
- Fix and eliminate warranted deficiency items as noted on Homeowner 30 day, 1st year, & 2nd year Warranty forms;
- Review service warranty lists with homeowners – explaining which item will be rectified immediately and why
- Advise of process to assign work to trades at a later date
- Obtaining homeowners signature on completed items
- Respond and resolve Homeowner emergency calls such as roof or plumbing leaks
- Preparing materials required to complete service work prior to visiting homeowners
- Providing a list of required materials and supplies to direct supervisor on weekly basis
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor at designated times to discuss completed work and work to be assigned to trades
- Review work orders on a proactive and daily basis
- Develop a constructive and helpful working relationship with homeowners
What You Bring
- Completion of High school education level or higher is preferred, but not required.
- Basic arithmetic skills, for example, in taking measurements, is essential.
- Several years’ experience in residential/ commercial construction industry, or experience in the renovations / repairs business.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
- Comfortable in the use of technology – smartphones, tablets or computers to record, review and communicate information related to deficiency lists.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel daily to assigned sites and to work at locations across the division.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, regular access to a vehicle and provide own tools.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 2020
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2017
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.