Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Farmers Branch, TX
Employment Type: Full-Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for generating purchase orders in addition to researching, verifying, and amending invoices received from the Accounting Department. They will also be responsible for researching and responding to all inquiries from site agents, trades, employees, and suppliers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and review homeowner documentation for accuracy, pricing, and proper costing in JD Edwards
- Facilitate the flow of information between the Design Center, Construction Sites, Internal Staff, Supplier/Trade Partners
- Generates home construction budgets and purchase orders
- Research and clarify discrepancies – Amend invoices sent back from the Accounting Department through various means of communication
- Researches and responds to inquiries from Construction Sites, Internal Staff, Trade Partners, and any other Internal/External Departments
- Analyze and provide reporting on budgeting performance, and other Purchasing related topics as needed
- Assist with the solicitation, coordination, analyzing, and filing of pricing and services information, necessary for construction budgeting
- Responsible for the solicitation, review for accuracy & completeness, as well as filing of contract documents
- Tracks and reports insurance, rebates/incentive, and master agreement compliance
- Perform other duties as required to support the department
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree and equivalent experience required
- A working knowledge of residential construction
- Strong data management/analysis preferred
- Previous experience in a construction or procurement preferred
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Computer literacy with experience with MS Office applications, especially MS Excel and Access
- Experience with an ERP-type software (i.e. JD Edwards, Build Pro)
- Ability to do numerical analysis and prior work experience in performing such tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day-to-day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.