Land Construction Manager
Land Construction Manager
Phoenix, AZ area
Full-Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
The Land Construction Manager will work to manage land development projects from acquisition to final completion and will serve as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Construction, Purchasing, Government Authorities, Consulting Teams and Contractors to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner while striving to achieve The Best Homeowner Experience in all activities undertaken. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Land Development Managers to achieve timely planning approvals of Re-zonings, General Plan Amendments, Preliminary Subdivision Plans, Final Plats, Engineering Plans, Landscape Plans, Utility Plans, Amenity Plans, etc.
- Assist in setting up of land development budgets within the company’s accounting software
- Assist in processing subdivision, utility, and pre-servicing agreements
- Coordinate with dry utility companies, including dry utility design, utility conflicts, etc.
- Manage the procurement of construction, engineering, landscaping and other consultant services, including generation of bid packages, bid awards, change orders, etc.
- Manage distribution of all contract documents, including construction plans, specifications, contracts, etc. to subcontractors
- Obtain all required permits, including environmental resource, water management district, SWPPP, construction, etc.
- Assist Land Development Managers in processing subcontractor, consultant and supplier invoices for payment by A/P and manage lien waivers
- Provide support to Land Development Managers during the land development stage
- Acquisitions Responsibilities
- Manage land development budgets
- Provide support to Land Development Managers, Director, and Vice President in all areas of the acquisition, entitlement and land development phases
- Manage filing system for all land acquisition, entitlement and development documents
- Coordinate with homeowners’ association management representatives on design, construction and turnover of common areas
- Mentor, train and support interns and other team members
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Engineering, Construction Management (preferred but not required)
- 3 + years minimum experience in horizontal land development field construction management
- Candidate will have strong field construction expertise in Horizontal Land Construction/Development and be able to “Lead in the Field with integrity and character”
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – verbal and written
- Understanding of the land development and entitlement processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent project coordination skills in assisting team’s work efforts
- Strong business acumen including education in budget management
- Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.