Jacksonville, FL area
Finance & Accounting
Full Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
- Responsible for job cost tracking, monitoring, analysis and reporting of actual costs vs. budgets
- Alerts the Finance Lead of any irregularities, lack of compliance, or any actual or potential problems associated with financial operations, audits, budgets or other financial matters
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation
- Maintain general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly reports for accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, etc.
- Post journal entries to general ledger
- Assist with month end close
- Assist with quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing variances and trends
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Develop job cost reports to enable land team to track status of jobs relative to commitments and budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 3+ years of progressive experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably in construction (home building is a HUGE +)
- Experience in JD Edwards or similar ERP system preferred
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.