Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite
Director, Land Acquisition & Development
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
What you’ll do
- Perform financial analysis and assist with the preparation/submittal of land proformas
- Assist with the management of land projects from acquisition to final assumption, act as liaison between sales, marketing, building/architecture, government authorities, consulting team and contractors
- Project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting
- Process and manage vendor invoices
- Support management with municipal approvals: draft plans, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration etc.
- Obtain development approvals by working with multi-disciplined consultant teams and government authorities
- Support the Project Managers with the engineering process including civil, landscaping, and utility drawing approval process
- Support acquisitions and due diligence and coordinate with Land Construction Manager and liaise with Builders and Contractors
- Additional duties to be discussed
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate Development or related Business concentration
- Hardworking, detail-oriented and analytical professional with a strategic mindset
- Proven strength in analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Extensive knowledge of Excel; strong skills with PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to construction sites and consultant offices
- 2+ years of relevant experience is desirable
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred, not required
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of company paid vacation + 1 week of company paid time off + 2 weeks of sick time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2020, 2018 & 2017
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.