Director, Design Studio
GTA - Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Design Studio, Greater Toronto Urban Division
Full Time, Permanent
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Mattamy is embarking on a journey to become the most respected, homeowner-centric condominium brand in the GTA with the recent launch of a dedicated Urban development division. This is part of an ambitious initiative to expand and enhance our multi-family offering in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and create the next generation of mixed-use urban communities. Mattamy's new GTA Urban Division includes our current collection of 40 high-rise projects and all multi-family developments within our master-planned communities in the Greater Toronto market.
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales, Marketing and Design Studio, the Director, Design Studio is a high impact role for our Greater Toronto Urban Division; leading all aspects of Design Studio team and operations; and driving the Design Studio strategy. This role will manage the build out of the physical and virtual design studios for the new Urban Division and ensure homeowners are offered a full range of options and selections to personalize their homes, while ensuring adherence to operating budgets. The Design Studio Director will analyze revenues and ERP reports (JDE) to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and profitability targets through measurement and focus on continuous process improvement.
- With the appropriate stakeholders, clarify and set expectations on Design Studio sales profitability and customer satisfaction targets and create aggressive yet attainable action plans to ensure that these are met.
- Accountable for delivery of:
- Excellence in customer service
- Build an inventory of quality products & packages that reflect current market trends
- Deliver an effective price/value proposition in the eyes of the Homeowner
- Bringing forward and implementing new strategic business lines and product offerings
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Oversee the planning, design, construction and setup for the Design Studio showroom and aesthetic, keeping up to date with current trends and showcasing design options
- Using JDE reporting capabilities, analysis of sales versus targets and development of action plans based on results.
- Consults with the Contracts Department to develop supplier programs to encourage sales and motivate the team.
- Works with the Interior Designer to scope suite finishes, both standard and upgrades
- Works with the Sales and Marketing and Product Development team to design any applicable ACO’s (Architect Control Options) to be available for purchase at time of sale.
- Involved throughout the life of the project, bringing market research, trends to early input on products and packages
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and work with purchasing department to ensure that Mattamy’s Design Studio offers leading edge products within the building industry
- Oversee daily operations including communication with other departments to ensure community construction staff receives accurate and timely delivery of information to meet production deadlines.
- Ensure Design Studio is maintained in pristine condition
- Stay abreast of general retail/marketing and customer service trends and their applicability to the business.
- Conduct appropriate analysis of these trends, make recommendations and execute where appropriate.
- Lead communication sessions with other Mattamy Design Studio Directors and Managers to share and implement best practice ideas encouraging a culture of continuous improvement.
- Maintaining full knowledge of included and optional design options on all active communities
- Superior ability to train and advise team to assist Homeowners with understanding colour selections, identify customer needs in style and individual requirements and answer design related questions to prepare them for their design appointment with a Design Consultant
- Responsible for Design Studio Product Inventory
What You Bring
- Interior Design, Interior Decorating and/or Architecture diploma or degree program or equivalent experience required
- Marketing/Retail Management degree or diploma an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team in a residential design/retail environment with a strong focus on sales and customer service,
- Direct industry experience with a high-rise developer is highly preferred
- Must have experience analyzing sales revenues, interpreting and working with ERP Reporting systems (JDE preferred)
- Must have strong Customer Service skills in a dynamic and changing business environment
- Bottom line focus on sales results required
- Experience building, motivating and leading high performance teams in a fast paced environment.
- Must have passion for design and homeowner options, trends and décor styles
- Must have a demonstrable relentless commitment to customer service
- Strong initiative and focus on continual improvement
- Superior communication skills - both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer literacy with experience in MS Office applications including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of construction practices an asset
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
Be Yourself. We want it that way! At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2022, 2021 & 2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2021 & 2017)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.