Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
What you’ll do
- Review and coordinate architectural drawings to ensure that all working drawings comply with the strict standards and criteria of local building codes
- Prepare standard plan design review submittals and Construction Document submittals for new communities as well as, preparation of construction documentation for building permit application from outsourced design drawings
- Help produce the following documents: Narratives, Lot Fit Analysis, Materials and floor plans, building sections, exterior elevations, roof plans, interior elevations and construction details
- Coordinate the revision process of working drawings, “as built drawings” between phases, structural revisions, municipal and subcontractor revisions and provide “Issued for Construction” drawings to the Division
- Organize exterior color packages for the Mattamy communities
- Coordination with Architect to develop Color Application Drawings and site review to ensure proper application of color packages on built product
- Verify that architectural working drawings correspond with marketing brochures and forward any discrepancies to the appropriate individuals
- Coordinate with Architects and Engineers on model specific floor plans as well as sales office drawings
- Conduct site visits and frame walks of new floor plans or model homes
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology Diploma from a Community College preferred or equivalent work experience
- Have a working knowledge of construction building materials used in home build process
- Ability to travel to divisional offices/communities/jobsite on a regular basis
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate either verbally, in writing, or visually through use of architectural drawings
- Communication and organizational skills to effectively facilitate all meetings related to plan development, models and sales offices
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Detail-orientated with ability to check documents/drawings for accuracy, communicate detailed changes and ensure corrections are made
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented mentality
- Proficient in productivity software, with some experience in Photoshop, Revit and AutoCad preferred
- Construction administration experience preferred
- Experience with MS Project and MS Access
- Good knowledge and skills with drawing application programs in particular AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit an asset
- Full understanding or ability to learn Local and National Building Code (Housing)
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2020, 2018 & 2017
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.