Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall pricing and delivery of products/services in a timely and cost-effective manner in conformance with company policies, schedules, procedures and budgets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Control, develop and produce approved budgets and proformas with input from appropriate internal departments
- Negotiate and solicit the best price/value combination from suppliers and trade contractors
- Participate in review, development and analysis of scopes of work aimed at quality control and standardization of equipment, materials, supplies and services
- Study existing or new design drawings and keep abreast of changes impacting supply of materials to reassess budgets and amend forecasts
- Develop and qualify new subcontractors/suppliers while maintaining and monitoring existing ones
- Act as liaison between subcontractors, construction, marketing, sales, customer service and land departments
- Address and resolve issues involving trades and/or builders, as needed.
- Support Construction and Sales departments through processing of POs, plans and other documents as required
- Continually search for new products, materials and processes that will better suit our customers
- Prepare quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes. Manage and maintain take-offs within the software utilized by the company
- Participate in site visits and work with construction team members to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract
- Performs other duties as requested, in support of the overall operation of the Division
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Construction Management, Architecture, Construction Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the residential construction industry, estimating and purchasing
- Knowledge of all construction categories and materials
- Experience reading engineering and structural detail on floorplans required
- Field experience preferred (as builder, trade or relevant position)
- Solid understanding of generally accepted purchasing principles and practices.
- Prior experience in preparing and analyzing budgets
- Working knowledge of house building and construction material purchasing
- Experience with JDE and Build-Pro/Supply-Pro (Hyphen Solutions) knowledge an asset.
- Excellent communication (Written and verbal) and negotiating skills with various stakeholders
- Excellent math skills with the ability to analyze, look for trends and superior estimating skills
- Excellent computer skills using Excel and other quantitative tools
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2022, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2021, 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.