Land Development Construction Coordinator
GTA (West End), Ontario
Senior Land Development Construction Manager
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Assist with the construction management of land development projects with liaison between consultants, contractors, builder and governing authorities to ensure the site is permit serviced on time and that community completion is achieved in a timely and cost effective manner while also striving to achieve The Best Homeowner Experience in all activities undertaken.
1. Support Senior Land Development Construction Manager with overseeing site servicing
- Visit site when construction is underway and provide daily progress reports to project teams
- Inspect the quality of work during and after the contractors have completed the work and coordinate with consultant and contractor to complete all outstanding deficiencies
- Maintain construction schedules and provide updates to project teams for the project schedules
- Review and process contractor invoices and extras
- Assist in pursuing Letter of Credit security reductions as works are completed
2. Assist with managing Subdivision Maintenance and Community completion
- Monitor and implement site cleanup as required
- Coordinate installation of barriers to protect municipal infrastructure and any required fencing in the community
- Ensure all landscaping works are completed in the community (i.e. parks, boulevard trees etc.)
3. Liaison with Building Team
- Assist with construction coordination items with building team (i.e. replacement of damaged concrete, installation of separate sidewalk prior to builder completing driveways etc.)
- Coordinate Land turnover walk with building team
- Resolve homeowner concerns with respect to subdivision issues raised as directed by project managers, construction managers,
builder or customer service
What You Bring
- Working towards a diploma or degree in Engineering, Construction Management; Planning or related field
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiar with and understands profitability, bottom line focus, the need to rationalize and understand variances between budget and actual costs
- Familiar with basic safe work policies and procedures and first aid knowledge is an asset
- Familiar with reading drawings
- A general understanding of construction and the land development processes is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and CAD
- Ability to work flexible hours
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2021& 2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2021 & 2017)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.