Mattamy Homes Canada
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
As the Construction Labourer you will safely assist in the construction of new homes which meet the high standards of quality set by the company. In all activities and tasks undertaken, strives to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
What you’ll do
- Prepare the house for the next trade as required including cutting concrete, covering floors, scraping floors, straw placement and removal and stripping floors.
- Daily, collect and dispose of debris at construction sites, placing it in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling programs.
- Assist with having porches filled, garages and basements cleaned so cement can be poured. Ensure driveways are cut, stone is ordered and that patio slabs are installed on each lot
- Make sure houses are graded and safe for the bricklayer trades to work; ensure footings and walls ready for inspection.
- Advise Administrator when to contact garbage company for delivery and exchange bins for interior cleaning.
- Ensure availability of temporary heat for inside trades (tile setters, tapers, etc.).
- Locate waterboxes (dig up and repair) and ensure water turned on for each house; includes ensuring waterboxes are raised and marked for sod.
- Review, assess and report any issues on safety to Health & Safety Rep. or direct supervisor, includes ensuring protective gear used/worn.
- Address any complaints or inquiries forwarded by homeowners.
- Assist with the cleaning and sanitization of site trailers and homes under construction in adherence to Mattamy’s COVID-19 safety guideline and protocols.
What you bring
- Good organizational skills with ability to get things done according to timelines
- Experience dealing with tools and machinery, includes machine skills – rough grading, digging hydro, gas trenching, water boxes, backhoe operation, etc.
- Good communication skills – especially verbal
- Good customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle would be preferrable
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.