Mattamy Homes Canada
Construction - Site, GTA Low Rise Division
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Backhoe Operator assists in the safe construction of new homes which meet the high standards of quality set by the company.
What you’ll do
- Leveling driveways and grade as required
- Excavating and repairing water-boxes as required
- Backfilling porches and garages as directed by the Builder, Site Manager, or Foundation Builder
- Monitoring and removing waste bins when full and emptying them into the allocated location
- Coordinating the distribution of propane tanks and/or heaters as required
- Minor grading as required to facilitate the safe working conditions of various trades
- Cleaning roads
- Arranging for waste bin exchange
- Performing required machine maintenance and log entries at the end of every day
What you bring
- Experience dealing with tools and machinery, includes machine skills – rough grading, digging hydro, gas trenching, water boxes, backhoe operation, etc.
- Experience in residential building or related construction industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must have the ability to perform physically challenging work
- Strong customer service skills in dealing with homeowners
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
- Ability to coordinate several simultaneous tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and flexible work style
- Good organizational skills with the ability to get things done according to timelines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and a willingness to learn
- Any training related to construction skills would be an asset
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.